Quote of the Day

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Four Rules to Survive a Disaster

Whether its a flood, fire or earthquake, here are four rules everyone needs to know to survive a disaster. Careful attention to these principles will save owners, adjusters and restoration companies countless hours of headaches and heartaches.

Rule 1 - My damages are my responsibility. Restoration companies are here as part of the solution, they are not part of the problem. I must always place the liability on the right entity.

Rule 2 - Things break. That is why I have a disaster. The restoration company's job is to repair my home as close as possible to its pre-loss condition, but sometimes, they can only make the imperfect look perfect.

Rule 3 - Everyone is busy. I have budgeted neither time nor resources for this problem. Before I called, the contractors were also busy repairing the property of other people. But, as I do my best to make decisions and provide access to my property during regular business hours, they will do their best to complete the work as soon as possible and practical.

Rule 4 - Restoration is a lot like pregnancy. It always takes longer than we want and the last two weeks can be unbearable.

Now you know the four rules to survive a disaster.



No comments: